On May 28, 2023, India’s new parliament building is being inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The new building is located in New Delhi and is designed to accommodate the growing size of the Indian Parliament. It has a larger Lok Sabha hall with a capacity of up to 888 seats, and a larger Rajya Sabha hall with a capacity of up to 384 seats. The Lok Sabha hall may accommodate up to 1,272 seats for joint sessions. The new building is also equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, including air conditioning, lighting, and restrooms.
The construction of the new parliament building was part of the Central Vista Redevelopment Project, which is a major overhaul of New Delhi’s colonial-era administrative center. The project has been controversial, with some critics calling it a waste of money and others saying that it is necessary to modernize the capital city.
Despite the controversy, the inauguration of the new parliament building was a major event in India. It was attended by a number of dignitaries, including President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, and Chief Ministers of all states. In his speech, Prime Minister Modi said that the new parliament building is a symbol of India’s progress and that it will help the country to achieve its goals of development and prosperity.
The new parliament building is a significant milestone in India’s history. It is a symbol of the country’s growing power and influence, and it will help to ensure that India continues to play a leading role in the world.
Here are some of the important aspects of the new parliament building:
- The building is made of sandstone and granite, and it has a total floor area of 64,500 square meters.
- The building has a central dome, which is 100 meters high.
- The building has three wings: the Lok Sabha wing, the Rajya Sabha wing, and the Central Hall.
- The Lok Sabha wing is where the lower house of Parliament, the Lok Sabha, meets.
- The Rajya Sabha wing is where the upper house of Parliament, the Rajya Sabha, meets.
- The Central Hall is used for joint sessions of Parliament, as well as for other events.
- The building is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, including air conditioning, lighting, and restrooms.
- The building is also equipped with a number of security features, including CCTV cameras and metal detectors.
The new parliament building is a symbol of India’s progress and its growing power and influence in the world. It is a fitting home for the world’s largest democracy, and it will be a place where important decisions will be made for years to come.